Chalkboard Series - Day #1

Hey all!

Okay, as if I can't get enough series, right? I love it though :) So, here is one that focuses on chalkboard paint (as if you can't read the title ). I came across the many, many uses of this stuff on Pinterest. It is a lovely place to inspire and BE inspired!

I decided to start playing around with it on my own. WOW! This is fun.. And 5 project later - a series was born :)

Here is a quick tutorial for the DIY Chalkboard paint. She rocked this tut!

http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2012/02/how-to-mix-chalkboard-paint-in-any-color.html

You can also buy the spray paint and the pre-made version at any Wal-Mart. The spray paint is under $4 and the pre-made is under $10. I made some myself, following the tutorial for about $13. This is the better option, because you can make the amount you need, as needed. You'll get a lot more, since you're buying it in bulk.

So here is Day 1's video regarding this lesson. Today's lesson: Die Cuts!

These are so versatile - take a look:

 
I ended up making a full 12x12 of these die cuts! I ran them through my Silhouette Cameo. I'll have them for days to come :)
 
I also made some cute cards using the banner pieces and some hardly ever used washi tape. This is a great way to used those up too :) Here is what I created:
 
 
They turned out really cute - if I can say so myself :)
 
The last thing I created with the die cuts is a cute packaging idea. This can be used for birthday's, Christmas, Valentines..etc. Think of different colors, shapes and sizes - possibilities are endless :) Here a pic:
 
 
So cute!! Thanks for stopping by and please don't forget to let me know you where here! I'd love to hear from you :)
 
If you like what you see, hit that good 'ole subscribe button :) You can also, find me at the following sites:
 
Pinterest:http://pinterest.com/scrapdaworld/boards/
 
Big Hugs and Happy Scrapping!
 
XOXO- Tmika
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment