From Trash to Treasure - Holiday Decor with Tmika

Hey guys!

Hope all of you are having a fantabulous week! I sure am. I found a great find on a curb this week. I was on my way to the gas station and saw this unusual art piece on the curb with a 'free' sign on it.  It immediately got out and grabbed it because it was something I knew I can alter into something great! Want to see what I found? Here ya go:



The patches in the center were padded pieces of quilt art. It looks bad up close, lol! I decided to rip those babies out with my Tim Holtz scossors and see what's hiding underneath.



After removing the patches and lining fur, I started painting it with gesso. I used 3 coats to try and get a crisp white look. I was able to retain some of that natural crackle as well.



Ahh..I was loving it already. I decided to add some patterned paper at this point. I used this AWESOME Christmas collection called Joyus by Authentique. Loads of stickers and cutouts! (more projects coming with this ;)



 At this point, I thought it needed something extra to make the edges pop. So I decided to outline them with black paint. It was rough, but I got it on there :)



Now comes the fun part! I started decorating. I created a wreath using my Cameo - love this thing! It was a TON of little leaves to fold and place, but it was all worth it in the end. I added the punch outs from the Joyus paper collection  and popped those up with pop dots. I added some faux cherries and gold colored balls from a spray I got at Michaels.





 

 I added some lace and trim that I got from Hobby Lobby and a string of gold color beads to tie it all in.



 For some final touches, I used some silk flowers to create a little floral collage on the corners, added some lace to hang the piece, some stickles to add flair and finished with a tiny bow on both ends. Voila!



Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you were able to gather some Holiday inspiration. Maybe you can go out on a hunt for someone's 'trash' and make it your 'treasure'!  Be sure to check out Scrapyland's store for these items and more!

Scrappy Hugs,

Tmika



9 comments:

  1. great job!!! Free is always good...and then to make it into something beautiful...can't ask for much more!!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally love it! It's funny how we crafter's always think outside the box when it comes to someone else's "trash" . TFS! Blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous home decor piece for the holidays! The transformation is amazing. Well done grasshopper!(-:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what you did with the art piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I turn out awesome. it strange how we see a piece and it call take me change me I am your now. Hugs Kay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright missie.....you did your thing! Love it

    Tracey J.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love seeing how things get recycled into something totally different! You've inspired me to make a hanging like this for Christmas! :D

    ReplyDelete