A Pocket Full of Love w/Prima School Memories

Hey all!

OMGosh! I'm so excited to share with you guys this week's project! I made this especially for my daughter, Taylor. She is 13 years old and quite the popular kid at school. I decided to make her a "Love" package to let her know that I am proud of her. Peer pressure can be tough these days, I just wanted to let her know that mom sees her trying and is Happy!

With that being said, I saw a tutorial on YouTube showing a Valentine's project using this same concept. I loved it and had to COPY it for myself. I used the Prima's School Memories paper pad. I love how my project turned out! By the way, I have a video on this project if you prefer to see it in that format. You can find it here.   Let's take a peek:



Taylor just fell in love with it and was so happy that she received something special - made for her. I started out with velum envelopes. I cut a bit off at the top and used it as a pocket using my score tape, on the front of the package. I picked a few flowers from my stash and colored them with my red and black mists. I added some simple black string for interest as well. Using the Prima paper pad, I cut small strips and made them into banners. I love the look of that. I added a cute little Graphic 45 primer paper chip embellishment and some red flat black pearls to fill up the right side of the envelope.



I am also a design team member for The Cutting Cafe. I chose to use three of Regina's files on this project. I used the pinwheel file (later in the project), the coin envelope and the scallop circle set for the front decor of my card. I think it added just enough writing room for what I needed to say. I was gifted that cute little red paper clip heart and red brad off to the side.  I punched out a simple ticket piece and stamped LOVE U on it with my Cat's Eye Ink.  Some white seam binding and a Tim Holtz bingo chip, seal the deal. Here's a peek:



See how the pocket pulls out? Here is a looky at the back of the card and the tag from the coin pocket:



So now, let's move into the goodies! The chocolate part, lol! Inside I made Taylor a bookmark. I used Prima doll stamp pad as my base. I covered it with black cardstock and the Prima School Memories paper pad. I colored the seam binding with my red mist, for a pop of color. Of course I used the French Pastry doily die  by Cheery Lynn Designs - its become a staple in my projects now :) Lastly, I made a bottle cap charm and used a circle piece from the collection as well. I added the pinwheel to the chocolate bar and tied some twine around. I added a few embellishments to the M&M's and stuck that in the pocket. Picture time:



 To finish it off, I added design paper to the back of the envelope. I didn't want to leave that out.



Well, what do you think? I love how it turned out - and so does Taylor! Here's a quick wrap-up:

I used The Prima School Memories paper pad, the Cheery Lynn French Country Doily Die, Cat's Eye Pigment Ink by Colorbox, seam binding and Score tape to finish. You can also check the links for other products outside of Scrapyland.

I hope you guys will try this at home. You can use this idea for anything. You'll love creating it and giving it as well.

Please vist me on YouTube, Facebook and Pinterest for more crafty ideas :)

Scrappy Hugs,

Tmika


1 comment:

  1. It's very gorgeous. Love every details. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

    ReplyDelete