Emboss Me! Quick Card Ideas


Hey All!!!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!! I sure did! I enjoyed family and friends. My children were quite the happy campers as well, lol! After all the festivities, I had some down time. Want to guess what I used it for? Crafting - of course! I was in a card making mood and came up with three quick and easily duplicable cards! I wanted to play around with dry embossing. I used the Sizzix Trellis & Swirls set. I concentrated on the Trellis folder - I really loved that one :)  Here is the first one up:

 

Yes, I know it's a bit late - but I still have presents and cards to send. So I made a simple card using the embossing folder, some gold stickles, a tiny piece of bling and some wet embossing power in gold as well. I usually don't play with any of these things very much - but I had a ton of fun mixing them all together today! Here is another card that I created:



So cute!!! This one I just let creativity take its course. I love that I added some texture with my homemade version of texture paint.  I used (yes again) the Cheery Lynn French Pastry doily die in the background. The paper is from Prima (Fairy Rhymes).  On top of that I layers a bottle cap, with a piece of the paper collection in the middle, a metal key from Recollections, a laser wooden doily and a butterfly die cut from my stash. A simple piece of seam binding top the tag. I sprayed the seam binding with Shimmerz paint - Treasured Hymn.  Love it!! This is my last card- so cute!

 

 
This card really made me smile. I used Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder in Blue Patina to create a simple spray.  I added a TINY bit of blue reinker to add a bit of brightness to the existing shimmer. I LOVE the color. I sprayed the seam binding and the small flowers the the color mixture. Inside the embossed areas - on all the cards - I added stickles. This gives the card a bit o' pop! I used the Tim Holtz caged bird die as my focal point. I tiny blue brad gives the bird a cute little eye. Voila! three completed, quick and easy cards using embossing folders and a few embellishments. Hope you will give it a try!
 
Check out Scrapyland for these products and more! (direct link on side bar)

Thanks for stopping by!!

Scrappy Hugs ~ Tmika


3 comments:

  1. I love them all. So simple and so beautiful. Ok I need to crafty down time too. LOL
    Merry Christmas.
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  2. These all are so pretty and elegant. Love that trellis embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete