Butterfly - Mixed Media Wall Hanging



Hey all!

Hope your New Year is starting off with a Blast!! So glad to be able to share this project with you guys.  I created a wall hanging for my daughter, Kyla.  She LOVES everything girly!!  Doesn’t matter what the project or item is – just as long as it has, butterflies, ladybugs, flowers, pink, purple, glitter or bling on it! There is a space on her wall that is empty. So I thought for this week’s project, I’d make her something cute! Since she like butterflies (the cute ones), I thought I’d work around that. I came up with this creation – which she simply adores!

 

I used a 7x7 box lid that I had. I backed that on a piece of light weight chipboard. Voila – instant frame! I I used Teresa Collins Vintage Finds as my background. Although, you can't see much if it – it really peeks through at points. I used the sheet with the clocks on it. I wanted to compliment the Cheery Lynn Clock die cut that I used. On the sides, I added the die cut. I embossed it with the Sizzix Luxurious Embossing Folder Set.  I applied the clock cut with an adhesive pen. This was my first time using the pen – it was awesome! It is very precise and comes out of the pen easily. Take a peek:

 



So Cute!! I used several different homemade masks to apply my glimmer sprays. I make most of my sprays at home. If you are interested in a tutorial for them – here ya go! I also made the texture paste that you see on the wall hanging. Here is the tut for that one as well J



The butterfly I created using my Silhouette Cameo. I started with a  piece of white cardstock and just went to town with my color sprays. A simple white rosette trim from my stash, completes her body.

 

For a final touch and last minute idea, I added a metal “LOVE” saying that I had in my room. It was perfect for the empty space. Kyla loves it and so do I! What do you think?

That’s all for today guys – hope you enjoyed my novel J Check me out on my YouTube or facebook for more tutorials and crafty ideas! You can find the product used today by clicking the links and heading to Scrapyland’s store.



Thanks for stopping by!

~ Scrappy Hugs ~ Tmika

1 comment:

  1. so pretty and i love your new blog look....happy new year girl....hugs

    ReplyDelete