G45 Shabby Desk Calendar and Photo Tutorial

Hey all!!

Welcome to another week of scrappy inspiration!! Glad you guys stopped by :) Sooo, Im a bit behind on making myself a desk calendar. I usually make one in December and have it ready to go. Nonetheless, here we are in February making one. Better late than never, right? I used one of my favorite collections from Graphic 45 - Secret Garden - it never goes out of style! I got the 8x8 and the 12x12 pad. If you stopped by my blog last week - I used it there too!  I also used a printable calendar from TheCuttingCafe. It was a quick and easy project. Makes me wonder why I took to long.  As a bonus, I have a picture tutorial for you :) Stay tuned until the end. Here is what I made:

Here's a closer look at the top:
Here is a peek at the profile:

It's so CUTE! I love it so...The calendar main size is only 5x5. It would work perfectly on a desk. It's size is small enough to fit and large enough to see. I also used the cutouts from the collection to make a little 'Spring' scene at the top of my calendar. I used a MEMO chip piece that I got from Michaels. I added some crochet butterflies and some cute little buttons for interest. I popped the chip piece in the center up so that its higher than the rest. I used my paper tool to distress the edges a bit in the die cuts.   A few little pearls and I'm done. Super easy!! Do you like?? Well, here's how you can make one yourself!!

You will need to start off with these items:
(Base paper, patterned paper, chipboard, score tape, crop-o-dile, eyelets, bone folder, scissors, twine/ribbon)
Take you base paper and attached it together to make it longer. We will be wrapping our chipboard. Use a sturdy adhesive - you don't want this to fall apart on you.
You will need 2 pieces of chipboard cut at 5x5 and 1 piece cut at 5x2. Apply score tape to the back around the outer edges. 
Flip them over and adhere to the base paper you just connected. Leave about a 1/8" gap between all the pieces. Take you bone folder and follow along the perimeter of the chipboard. This will help you fold the base paper over the chip board. Cut the corners just above where the bone marks connect.  Add score tape the edges and fold over.
  
Cover the inside with more of your base paper.  Now it time to add your patterned paper to the outside. I cut my first layer 1/8" inch shorter. Then the next piece is cut 1/4" shorter than that.
Now its time to punch the holes at the lower corners on the front and back and add you twine/ribbon and eyelets. You need these items:
Thread your twine/ribbon through the front, then through the back. Tie a knot to secure. I added a dot of hot glue to make sure it stays put.
Now you're free to customize as you wish! Have fun and Enjoy!!
Well, that's all I have for you today. Hope you enjoyed the project and the tutorial. I really hope you try this. Check out Scrapyland.com for the products I used and more!! If you want, you can follow me too! :)


Crafty Hugs,
~Tmika~


**Follow Me*

Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment