Inspirational Blocks

Hey all!

I have the cutest (at least I think so :) project to share with you guys! I decided to use a cutting file from The Cutting Cafe called Fun with Blocks. It is a very versatile file- try it! So I grabbed Graphic 45's Secret Garden paper collection from Scrapyland.com,  in the 12x12 and the 8x8 - because I LOVE IT! I really miss spring here and was needing the floral change. Here is what I created:



LOVE IT! I worked the paper collection. My base is just white card stock. Then I layered the blocks with two different patterns from the paper. I also cut the letters, from The Cutting Cafe file, out with the collection. I added some vanilla paint in the form of white wash and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz scissors to give them a tattered look. Here are more pics:





To top off my shabby look, I added lots of flowers to my piece. I made a few of them myself! I really like how this turned out. If you're interested in watching the video for this project (coming soon), take a look here.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Be sure to stop by Scrapyland.com to get this paper! Its too cute to miss out on. This paper may be last year, but it NEVER goes out of style!

Stay tuned next week for a fun project and tutorial :)

Crafty Hugs,

~ Tmika ~

**Follow Me*

Facebook
Pinterest
YouTube
Blog

2 comments: