Try New Things - Altered Mason Jar and Note Card


Hey all!!


Wow! What a winter we are having here!! School has been closed 5 times this year already due to severely freezing temperatures. {BRRR} With that being said, I have been in the kitchen making a lot of warm hearty meals. This also includes baked goods!! I love to make cookies, but trying new things is so much better!
Unfortunately my family does not think the same. I got my hands on a homemade chocolate chip and raisin recipe. I have to say it was delicious! My sister on the other hand turned her nose up at it immediately! She hadn't even seen or smelled them!! So what do a crafter do? Make something pretty to put it in - that should make it all better, right?
Here is the cute little card I created using the Bazzil Miss Teagen 6x6 paper pad - so cute!

I fussy cut the butterfly from the collection and added a foam dotto the back to give it some lift. I cut a banner out of a strip of the cardstock as well and placed in under some lace and a vintage button. I love how cute and tiny it is :)
Here is a look at my mason jar:

 And another one :

I love how it turned out! I got this jar from my local dollar store and thought it was perfect for the job. I cut some of the patterned paper into strips and punch the edge with a decorative punch. I added more of the lace and a rosette trim.  I then die cut some tags from the collection and tied them with some twine.
At the top of the jar I place a 2" circle, again cut from the collection. I added a tiny little heart on the tag and wrote: BAKED WITH LOVE on the back. I was hoping that this would make her want to try them. NOPE..but she thought the jar and card was adorable :) Here is a final look at the set:

Hopefully, you guys liked my project for today! I sure did - plus I have extra cookies to eat :) Please visit Scrapyland for more inspiration from the other design teams members, also check the amazing goodies you will find at the store! You wont be disappointed!


Crafty Hugs,
~Tmika~

1 comment: